(Parents, Teachers and Friends Association)
All current information can be found on our PTFA website www.pta-events.co.uk/parkmeadprimaryptfa
Cake raffle every Friday
Buy your weekly cake raffle ticket every Friday morning from 8.30am to 8.55am from the wooden gazebo in the KS1 playground. 20p per ticket. Raffle drawn in assembly and the lucky winner will be taking home a yummy cake for the weekend!
One of main our aims for this academic year is to tackle our disposable plastic use and be a lot better at recycling overall. We have plenty of plans in place for a few new recycling opportunities. We are working with a company called ‘Empties Please’. They collect and recycle used ink and toner cartridges the environmentally friendly way and will donate the money raised back to Park Mead! It’s very simple. All we have to do is collect used ink cartridges and put them in our recycle bin. ‘Empties Please’ will collect the bin when it’s full and then donate money raised straight back to our school. Parent Mail letter with more details. Click on the below bullet point links for more information. The more cartridges we can collect the more we can raise. We also get points for every pound raised. Happy collecting!
- EcoKids project - fill the bag - bags are still available from office or outside food tech room every Friday morning
- Recycle ink cartridges and raise money for Park Mead - 'Empties please' details
- Ink cartridges price list
- Batteries - boxes available upon request
- Toners accepted for recycling - If your toner is not listed on here, we recommend contacting the manufacturer who may have a recycling scheme of their own.
If you could display a bin in your workplace on behalf of our school please contact ‘Empties Please’ on 0844 879 7179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you provide our school’s name so proceeds are credited to Park Mead.
Every little helps! At each PTFA event our team collect the recycling and take it to the Recycling centre. If you have ideas you’d like to put forward please do contact Mhairi on email@example.com. The PTFA want to enhance your children’s environment and this is an important subject to embrace, teach and discuss with all our children.
We really need your help! Every parent with a child attending Park Mead Primary automatically becomes a member of the PTFA and you are very welcome!
Without your help we won't be able to raise any money for your children. Last year we raised over an incredible £10,641, let's raise even more this year!
Above is a picture of our much needed school mini bus - this wouldn't have been possible without all the parents fundraising together.
The aims of the association are:
- To support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending it
- To promote the school within the community
- To foster and extend positive relationships and communication between staff, parents and the wider school community
Every parent with a child attending Park Mead Primary automatically becomes a member of the PTFA. Registered as a charity, the organisation is run by a committee of parents with the aim of raising funds for the school. We run several events throughout the year, including quiz nights, bingo nights, a scarecrow competition, Christmas and Summer fairs. Plus an ongoing cake raffle and half termly tuck shops and much more.
One of our biggest fund-raising events is the annual PTFA pantomime which is written, directed and performed by staff, parents and pupils, both past and present. All the children love watching it...oh yes they do!
And what makes it all so worthwhile is that all this money is put back into the school and directly benefits each and every child at Park Mead Primary.
There are so many ways you can get involved with the school, whatever your circumstances, interests or skill-set. You don't even have to be on the school site to help!
Some examples of where we need your help:
- Sell cake raffle tickets on a Friday morning before school
- Help out packing up sweets for the tuck shop, or help out selling at the tuck shop
- Man a stand for a short period of time at the Summer or Christmas Fair
- Bake/buy sweet treats for a tuck shop
- Sell refreshments at an event
- Sell tickets to an event
- Print/photo copy event flyers/posters
- Donate/collect items for raffle prizes
- Just give us ideas!
- Share our events on your social media
New fundraising ideas are always welcome, just drop us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to your class links (names below).
Follow us on Facebook - Park Mead Primary PTFA
Over the last year, thanks to the money raised through events, the PTFA has provided the school with the following:
- A new minibus
- Wow days across all year groups - including portrait painting, African drumming, pirate workshops and a variety of history workshops
- Reading books
- Class resources
- SENDCO resources
- Updating the wildlife area
- Computer updates
- Year 6 leavers disco
- Year 6 leavers books
- ...and lots more!
Click here for more detail in the PTFA Treasurer's report & financial Summary
This is the list of Committee Members and Class Links for the year 2021-22
Sindy Hammond Jones
|Social Media and PR
|Summer Fair Link
|Sindy Hammond Jones
|Christmas Fair Link
|Cake Raffle Coordinator
Katy Meakin, Helen Stewart and Ellie Hitchcock
Louise Miller, Lucy Kinloch and Lucie Korousova
Kathryn Dunn, Sindy Hammond-Jones and Louise Taylor
Caroline Willis and Katherine Wakely-Laughton
|Tanya Neville-Towle and Amee Coles
Sindy Hammond Jones and Lisa Quinlan
Jasmin Nicholson and Kathryn Dunn
Kat Ridley, Claire Stott, Kate Bell, Lucy Baggott and
Helen Stewart and Fay Horler
Tanya Neville-Towle and Lauren Kirsty Groom
Lisa Quinlan and Emma de Vos Van Steenwijk
Amy Langford, Jo Meddings, Ella Radley and Lyndsey Denyer
This is the provisional schedule of planned events for the rest of the year (subject to change).
For most up to date information visit our Facebook site
Cake Raffle - Buy your weekly cake raffle ticket every Friday morning from 8.30am to 8.55am from wooden gazebo in the KS1 playground.
20p per ticket.
Raffle drawn in assembly and the lucky winner will be taking home a lovely cake for the weekend!
You can contact the PTFA via the school office, via your class link, or by emailing our Chair Mhairi on email@example.com
Come and join the PTFA facebook page to keep up to date and have your say in new events.
- Hard wearing and time saving stick on labels for use on school uniforms, Football kits Brownie/Cubs uniforms etc. They are great for staying stuck to the inside of shoes! Order online at http://www.mynametags.com
and use our unique School ID number 29670 to raise money for the PTFA
- Stamptastics special ink is great for fast labelling of items. It will last wash after wash and it can be used to stamp other items too, not just clothes. Use the schools unique code 5af156409fc00 and we'll receive 20% cash back. Order online at Stamptastic | Make Custom Stamps With Our Online Stamp Maker
- When you shop with Amazon they give our Charity a 0.5% donation for no extra money. You still pay the same for your items you just go through smile instead. Please sign up to support us and spread the word to friends and family too. (This doesn't work with the Amazon shopping app - Website only)
- Buy gift wrap and other items from Northbrook and select 'Park Mead School GU6 7HB' from the drop down box and Park Mead will receive 22% cash back
- We get cash back if you sign up and get deliveries of veg boxes from Riverford Organic Farmers. Use the code SCH1224 when you register. Already a customer? Park Mead can still get cash back if you email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Littlegrippers.com supply school socks and sports socks with 'stayontechnology'. Use the code bts-parkmead at checkout and get 5% off and Park Mead will get up to £2 cash back per pack purchased.
Park Mead Primary School, Park Drive, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 7HB