Park Mead is a state foundation co-educational day primary school with a capacity of 420 pupils. It has an intake at age 4+ of 60 pupils.
We are pleased to be able to offer places to your child in the September following their fourth birthday. We shall admit up to our published admission number of 60.
- Applications for children who are 5 between 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019 are now closed.
- Applications for children who are 5 between 1st September 2019 and 31st September 2020 open on 29th October 2018.
For more information on September admissions please click here.
In Year Admissions
You can usually apply for in year admission up to four weeks before the place is needed (although for members of the Armed Forces and Crown Servants with automatic right of entry to the UK who can prove their relocation, applications can be made as soon as relocation confirmation is available, with no such restriction). For more information on in year admissions please click here.
Criteria for Admissions
Where applications exceed the number of places available, the following criteria for admission will be applied, in the following order. Please note that this list is a general guideline regarding the criteria - the admissions policy is the definitive source of the criteria used.
- Looked-after and previously looked after children, children with Park Mead Primary School named in their Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
- Exceptional arrangements, including special educational needs and disabilities, medical grounds supported by a consultant's statement (or equivalent), and other sensitive, individual or compelling family circumstances
- Siblings (a brother or sister at the same address attending the school at the time of the siblings admission)
- Proximity of the child's home to the entrance of the school, with those living nearer being accorded the higher priority (straight line distance is used).
The school will agree any changes to its admission arrangements with the Secretary of State for Education and Skills. It will establish procedures for appeals against non-admission which will include an independent element. Details of admission and appeals arrangements are published annually.
Arrangements for Parents to Visit the School
A presentation evening and open mornings will be held annually during the autumn term for prospective parents. The head teacher, senior staff and students present information about the school and address any questions which may arise. A guided tour of the school is also offered during the autumn term. Parents moving into the area may telephone for an appointment to see the school in operation.
In the term before your child starts at Park Mead, senior staff will visit their pre-school setting or infant school. There is an initial parents’ meeting to present important information to ensure positive early experiences for your child. An induction programme for new Reception children operates during the second half of the summer term when they are able to visit the school to help them become familiar with the building and their teachers. Children due to join Key Stage 2 will have a full day experience during the second half of the summer term. We maintain close links with local playgroups, nurseries and infant schools to ensure that children have as smooth a transfer as possible.
For the full admissions policy click on the link below:
For the appeals timetable click on the link below: