Welcome to Reception
The Reception Team
- Doors open 8:45. Please drop your child off at the bottom of the steps.
- End of day 3:15. Please come into the classroom to collect your child.
- RBD PE - Thursday
- RP PE - Thursday
- Please send a PE kit into school with your child at the start of term. Children will be getting changed for PE in school. PE kits can remain in school and will be sent home each half term.
- Please make sure all items of clothing are clearly named.
- Please send your child in with a named water bottle. We will refill it during the day as needed.
- Fruit snacks will be provided so there is no need for your child to bring a snack into school.
- Long hair needs to be tied back for school please (girls and boys).
- Library day - Friday. Please return your child's library book so that they can choose a new one.
- Reading Practice Books - Sent home on Friday. Please return on the following Thursday with the library book.
- Yellow Reading Records - please keep this in your child's book bag so that it comes in to school every day.
Thursday 5th October. 10.30 am. Theatre trip- Stick Man at The Capitol Horsham.
Nativity to parents- Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th December 9.30am in the school hall.
The new Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage can be seen HERE
The Birth to 5 matters document can be found HERE
Here are some useful websites and activities:
Oxford Owl - Free access to a number of books (sign up required)
Topmarks - Maths activities
Oak Academy- useful for story text mapping
ICT games - Various maths and phonics games
|Autumn 1||All about me|
Christmas and The Nativity.
|Spring and new life.|
We will be following the Little Wandle Letters and Sounds programme to teach phonics and reading. Phonics involves breaking words down in to the smallest units of sound and teaching children how these sounds are represented with letters.
Click here to see which sounds we will be teaching in the first half of the autumn term, along with information on how we teach the children to write the letters.
Click here to see the sounds we will be teaching in Autumn 2.
Click here to watch videos of the pronunciations of the sounds.
Once the children have secure knowledge of the first set of sounds and are able to blend them to read simple words, we will begin to send reading books home. This is likely to be around half term. The children will bring home a book they have read at school, which they should be able to read fluently to you. They will also visit the library once a week to choose a book to share with you. For more information about how we teach reading, click here.
Park Mead Primary School, Park Drive, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 7HB